The ERGON Centre for the Improvement of Personnel is a company that has been meeting the highest quality training services for many years. Our offer includes numerous UDT courses, which are taken by many candidates for future operators. If you are interested in obtaining UDT qualifications for compressors, be sure to take a look at our offer.
What do we guarantee?
- Numerous branches throughout the country, comprising training facilities and training equipment that meet all safety requirements.
- Attractive prices (favourable discounts for organised groups).
- Highly qualified training staff.
- Customer care and development.
- Comprehensive training (practice and theory).
Purpose of the course
The entire course is designed to prepare our client to pass the examination - a positive result results in the UDT licence.
We provide comprehensive knowledge of both theoretical knowledge and practical skills. In our lectures, we will provide you with information on legal acts - the principles of proper operation of compressed air equipment and systems - and occupational health and safety. After completing the training, you will have the knowledge needed to operate equipment used for automatic air pressure control, methods of compressor capacity adjustment and the most important parameters, the proper use and knowledge of which will enable you to use compressors, blowers and suction nozzles. We teach the use of compressors of different types, i.e. with different applications, different starting and stopping systems. Our training also includes knowledge of the requirements of the Office of Technical Inspection (UDT) for pressure vessels.
Receipt of the entitlement depends on the result of the final examination held before a board appointed by the Office of Technical Inspection. For this reason, at ERGON we place particular emphasis on the repetition of the theory and practice material needed to pass the final test - you need a positive result in order to receive your licence, there are no marks. The document you receive, if you pass the exam, allows you to practise your profession for the next five years. Before your certificate expires, you must apply for a renewal of your entitlement (this must be no later than three months before your document expires). In order for the application to be successful, the certifier must be certified to have worked in compressor operation for at least three years within the last five years.
In order to be eligible for training on compressors, suction units, compressors, blowers and compressed air systems, candidates should meet the basic requirements. These are:
- at least eighteen years of age;
- at least primary education;
- a certificate from the occupational physician stating that there are no contraindications to training for the position.
Compressor - characteristics of equipment used in exercises
It is an energy machine responsible for increasing the pressure of air or gas. At its core is the transformation of energy, known as conversion. It takes place in a step-by-step process, starting with the electrical energy supplied to the motor, where it is converted into kinetic energy that powers the drive shaft of the compressor block, which performs the actual energy conversion. The result is a thermodynamic transformation that compresses the gas. For the entire process to take place, the unit needs an efficient cooling apparatus to prevent the negative effects of the conversion - the large amount of heat generated.
Examples of compressors
When learning how to properly operate a compressor, course participants will often be confronted with different sub-types of this equipment. The individual changes between the models occur at the level of design elements and type of construction. Starting from these assumptions, we can divide compressors into positive displacement and flow compressors, for example:
- centrifugal compressor - in its function is to increase pressure, thereby increasing the pressure of the air inside it, we also call it a dynamic compressor. It is used in jobs requiring clean air, and the machine is oil-free, with its air circuit separated from lubricants. Maintenance of the machine does not require frequent service. We can classify it as a flow compressor;
- rotary screw compressor - in its case, two rotors, rotating in opposite directions, are responsible for compressing the air. They find their use in industry because of their power range of between 11 and 250 kW. Unlike a centrifugal compressor, the compressed air is not clean, it can be contaminated by oil or damp, so it is advisable to treat the compressed air, i.e. clean it of toxins and excess water. This machine is classified as a positive displacement compressor;
- reciprocating compressor - Interchangeably referred to as a positive displacement compressor. It works by drawing in air which, as the piston works, decreases in volume and increases in pressure.
We have mentioned the structural elements now we will indicate the systematics according to their function. We can distinguish them by the compression ratio: blowers, compressors, fans. Be on the number of stages: single-stage, two-stage. Considering mobility: portable compressors, stationary compressors. Type of drive: electric compressors, manual compressors. Type of substance to be compressed: gas compressor, air compressor.
Applications, or where we can use compressors
Due to their versatility, compressors find their calling in many branches of industry and technology, as well as in households or bulk material handling. Their main purpose is to drive other types of equipment or tools, e.g. for painting, inflating tyres or increasing pressure in closed systems. What's more, both in pumping natural gas and charging internal combustion engines, they prove crucial - in this case, due to the specific type of work involved, we can distinguish between industrial compressors, which require specialised qualifications to operate.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by phone and take a look at our website and its sections. You are most welcome!