Welcome to the mountaineering course with rope access
According to the legislation, work carried out on a surface at least 1 metre above ground or floor level is work at height and is among the particularly dangerous jobs. Employers are obliged to ensure that employees are properly trained and equipped with individual protective equipment.
Entitlements are essential to work in many professions such as:
- maintainers of telecommunications or power lines;
- window cleaning at height,
- offshore platforms,
- engaged in cleaning or painting the facades of buildings,
- and many others.
ERGON training objectives
The ERGON Personnel Improvement Centre tailors professional height courses to the requirements of the type of work involved. Completion of the training course provides a solid foundation for working at height in rope access and construction.
The aim of our courses is first and foremost to acquire the necessary skills, to work safely at lower or higher heights and to increase efficiency.
ODK ERGON instructors are qualified professionals. They have a great deal of mountaineering experience. Therefore, in addition to theory, they pass on valuable real-life lessons. We hope that the trainees will appreciate all the more how important it is to follow all the rules they learn during the training.
We are experienced in many types of mountaineering courses for work at height. We also train Mountain Volunteer Rescue Service, Border Guard, Volunteer Fire Brigade units, Government Protection Bureau, District and Central Mine Rescue Stations, Army, State Protection Service, Anti-Terrorist Units, CBŚ, ABW , as well as smaller or larger companies providing services at heights:
- rope park staff,
- artificial climbing walls,
- other entities.
We divide mountaineering work into access work:
Mountaineering training in rope access techniques
Rope access is the use of equipment, ropes to determine the position of a worker. It is most often used for short-duration work at considerable heights, in condensed urban areas or other places that are difficult to access. Such access is used wherever mobile work platforms and scaffolding cannot be used and it is risky or not economically viable.
The course enables you to become qualified at height to work with rope not only for belaying, but also to work in abseiling, rope ascending or rope traversing. It requires specialised training and extensive knowledge, as well as good physical fitness.
We offer the following types of rope access training:
- in construction access with rope access components - for work at height where rope access is used to increase comfort or safety, such as working on sloping roofs;
- rope - basic - for simple work with ropes, e.g. when descending short distances;
- rope - extended - used for typical work with mountaineering methods;
For smaller or larger groups of students, the price is set individually.
Conditions of participation:
- No health problems to work at heights above 3 metres (no medical certificate required);
- Full age and minimum basic education.
The rope training programme includes topics:
- Organisation and legislation in work at height and its characteristics;
- Causes of typical accidents and their prevention;
- Employees' health and safety rights and obligations, liability for breaches;
- Types of work at height;
- SOI (Personal Protective Equipment) against falls;
- Principles of selection and use;
- Ongoing and periodic inspection;
- Belay points;
- Types and principles of job construction taking into account different industrial conditions;
- General work practices, workplace organisation, risk assessment and emergency plans;
- How to tie knots? - learning basic knots;
- Descending and ascending the rope and other means of access and belaying;
- Fundamentals of rescue and autorattling.
Why train employees with the Centre for Staff Development?
- We have an extensive training complex that includes, among other things, a confined spaces module replicating real-world conditions;
- The emphasis is on evacuation and rescue operations;
- We know the needs of our clients, so we tailor training to the individual needs of your company;
- We take care of a large number of practical classes that shape the correct skills of workers at risk of falling from height;
- Participants learn to use and fit protective equipment correctly;
- The location of our Centre allows easy access for participants;
- We have the highest quality equipment available, from internationally recognised brands Scott Safety and 3M DBI Sala;
- A modern facility with air-conditioned rooms and comfortable facilities;
- We organise some of the training courses on site.
In addition, the strengths of our Centre include:
- an extensive training complex that includes, among other things, a confined spaces module replicating real-world conditions,
- our emphasis on evacuation and rescue operations.
- knowledge of our clients' needs, so that we tailor our training to the individual needs of the client company,
- attention to a large number of practical activities that shape the correct skills of workers at risk of falling,
- learning the correct use and fitting of protective equipment,
- the location of our Centre, allows participants to get to class easily,
- availability of top-quality equipment from global brands, a modern facility with air-conditioned halls and comfortable facilities.
You are cordially invited to sign up for the training, or call us if you have any questions.